BETWEEN: The Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (“The Commission”)
AND: The Partner
Whereas section 55 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code allows the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission to approve programs designed to promote equality of opportunity;
And whereas the partner wishes to establish an equity program in accordance with the Commission’s “Policy of Equity Programs”;
And whereas the partner commits itself to the principles and objectives of equity programs set out in the Commission’s “Policy on Equity Programs”:
And whereas the partner undertakes to meet the approval requirements for equity programs set out in the Commission’s “Policy on Equity Programs,” as it may be revised from time to time;
THE PARTIES THEREFORE AGREE:
- The partner will establish an equity program under Section 55 of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code in order to improve opportunities in the areas of employment, education and public services.
- The equity program will be designed to benefit the following equity groups: Aboriginal people, Visible Minorities, and People with disabilities.
- The equity groups addressed by the equity program experience disadvantage in Saskatchewan as described in the Commission’s “Policy on Equity Programs.”
- The partner has illustrated that the equity groups experience disadvantage within the partner’s organization.
- The Commission grants approval under section 55 (1) of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code to the partner’s equity program.
- Subject to the Commission’s discretion under section 55 (2) of The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code, this agreement will remain in effect for so long as the partner continues to meet the Commission’s monitoring requirements and the requirements of the Commission’s “Policy on Equity Programs,” as it may be revised from time to time.
- During approval the partner may undertake “reasonable and justifiable” measures designed to prevent disadvantages to the equity groups listed in clause 2.
- During approval the partner may identify itself publicly as an equity partner and use any promotional materials developed by the Commission for use by equity partners.
- The Commission will promote links, partnerships and the sharing of information and resources between the partner and other equity partners.